CakePHP is an open source web application framework. It follows model view controller(MVC) approach and is written in PHP, modeled after the concepts of Ruby on Rails, and distributed under the MIT License.
- Build Quickly: Use code generation and scaffolding features to rapidly build prototypes.
- No Configuration: No complicated XML or YAML files. Just setup your database and you’re ready to bake.
- Friendly License: CakePHP is licensed under the MIT license which makes it perfect for use in commercial applications.
- Batteries Included: The things you need are built-in. Translations, database access, caching, validation, authentication, and much more are all built into one of the original PHP MVC frameworks.
- Clean MVC Conventions: Instead of having to plan where things go, CakePHP comes with a set of conventions to guide you in developing your application.
- Secure: CakePHP comes with built-in tools for input validation, CSRF protection, Form tampering protection, SQL injection prevention, and XSS prevention, helping you keep your application safe & secure.