Symfony is a PHP web application framework for MVC applications. Symfony is free software and released under the MIT license. Symfony aims to speed up the creation and maintenance of web applications and to replace repetitive coding tasks.Symfony was heavily inspired by other Web Application Frameworks such as Ruby On Rails, Django, and Spring.
Symfony is used by the open-source Q&A service Askeet and many more applications, including Delicious and the 20 million users of Yahoo! Bookmarks.
- Easy to install and configure on most platforms
- Database engine-independent
- Simple to use, in most cases, but still flexible enough to adapt to complex cases
- Based on the premise of convention over configuration–the developer needs to configure only the unconventional
- Compliant with most web best practices and design patterns
- Enterprise-ready–adaptable to existing information technology (IT) policies and architectures, and stable enough for long-term projects
- Very readable code, with phpDocumentor comments, for easy maintenance
- Easy to extend, allowing for integration with other vendor libraries